In 2018 and 2019 Denver ranked in the top 10 for high-tech job growth. During that time the Mile High City added almost over 9,900 jobs in the tech space which accounted for 34% of all jobs added during that period. With that kind of growth, the amount of digital marketing agencies is not only included as a part of the number but those same agencies are also here to help their fellows in the tech space grow and expand their digital channels.
With X3 being a Denver, Colorado-based digital marketing agency, today we’re going to take a look at what potential customers should be looking for when searching for the right digital marketers to bring along with them trust guided by results and clarity.
Global spending on digital marketing nears $100 billion: study
What Are Digital Marketing Services?
Honestly, there is a lot to unpack in that simple question but I’m betting that any person reading this is probably looking for a quicker answer rather than a complex web of digital marketing tactics specific to Denver. So, back to the answer; these services are a blend of digital marketing channels and techniques, applied consistently which can help your business reach not just customers but the right customers with the most value and ROI. Some of these services which X3 offers to our clients, not just in Denver, but around the globe are:
- Search Engine Optimization, also known as SEO
- PPC or pay-per-click which is also frequently – and deservedly – conflated with “Google Ads”.
- Web-based, media promotion
- Website construction and optimization
- Content marketing strategy
- Social Media Marketing, both paid and organic
- Email marketing
- Link building
With regular and consistent digital marketing activity a business can increase its reach where its customers are looking. For instance, if you want to be found by customers looking for the “HVAC near me” – which is a great keyword but with a LOT of competition – it may be a more valuable strategy to focus on a keyword like, “HVAC Denver” or, to get even more granular, “HVAC repair Cherry Creek”.
Online marketing can also help a business to find the right employees with the right credentials and experience as well as those who are already nearby. For instance there isn’t much reason for a Denver-based roofing company to seek out potential hires in Norfolk, Virginia.
What Services Do Digital Marketing Agencies Offer?
Well, we make sure that businesses reach the right customers at the right time in the right area. At X3 we understand that the ways in which search engines drive engagement and revenue must be strategic and part of a broader brand-forward digital marketing campaign.
The digital marketing services include:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Email Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Quality Link Building
- Website Strategy
- Content Marketing and Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Integrated Online Marketing Strategies
Are all of these digital marketing services a need-to-have or a want-to-have? Well, Colorado is a pretty competitive landscape with much of the population being located in the Front Range. This means that which the state of Colorado itself is much larger, the actual population is fairly concentrated along the I-25 corridor cenetering on Denver. Marketers in the Centennial State need to not just have and idea of digital marketing strategy from a technical side but also how and where to execute it. Otherwise, Denver by itself could suck up all the marketing “juice” since it carries the highest population in the state.
Do Businesses Need Digital Marketing Services?
Absolutely. Yes. Why do you need digial marketing to find and reach potential customers? Because online is where people shop today. U.S. consumers spent more than $860 billion in 2020 in online shopping. Apart from those people who were looking to buy a product or service online, 55% of Americans looked for online reviews and recommendations before engaging with companies both online and in the real world.
Many Colorado businesses have at least begun to look at digital marketing efforts as a necessary way to find opportunity but there are still many who are opting for a more traditional approach to marketing.
As you can see in the image above, the cost of traditional marketing is exponentially higher than that of the digital marketing discipline. It also allows Colorado businesses to focus their marketing program to specific people in specific areas. This can help dictate the customer journey and use those digital marketing skills to turn someone from a “shopper” to a customer.
Of course, not all businesses or marketers are going to use each piece of the digital marketing puzzle. One of the aspects of marketing and advertising we at X3 look at the most is which platforms are best. For instance, is Facebook a place where promoted posts for a Denver roofing company are going to be most impactful? Probably not, BUT, what if a person who was searching Google for the “best roofer near me” earlier in the day gets “retargeted” on Facebook or Twitter on their mobile devices and sees your advertising content? Then you’re likelihood of that person engaging with your message becomes much higher.
Achieve Measurable Results with Targeted Digital Marketing Services
You know what many small businesses consider “measurable results”? Leads. Business owners and decision makers want good leads for their products and services. Furthermore, these businesses rely on digital marketing agencies like X3 to be able to develop and deploy the best digital marketing plan which highlights brands and their offerings and gets the content on their social media platforms and website in front of the eyes of as many (of the right) people in Denver, Colorado – for example – as possible. That is their primary goal.
But what if you want intermediate benchmarks to measure how well your digital marketing plan is working? Being able to understand how much time, energy and money it takes to trace the customer journey is part of making sure the efficiency of a marketing plan is effectively overcoming those challenges and providing the best value
At X3, our clients have access to a backend dashboard 24/7/365 where they can see everything from their Google Analytics to their reviews, social media platforms, Google Ads, SEO and (drumroll, please) their leads in the form of phone calls, chatbots, constant forms and much more. While we do provide those same clients with weekly and monthly reports, we want to help build trust by showing clear results. This is where we get our values: Trust, Results and Clarity.
Custom Digital Marketing Strategy
The way that any craftsman has a set of tools to use, digital marketing with X3 in Colorado has a set of tools to use as well. Just like those craftsmen, the expertise with which those tools are used and using them in unique, inventive ways is what sets us apart among the crowded Denver marketing space.
For X3 each customer, even customers in the same vertical (HVAC, roofing, e-commerce, etc.) have unique value propositions and goals and we address each of our clients as their marketers without making assumptions (other than a fantastic ROI). For instance, not all of our clients want to use emails to reach their customers and not all of our clients will want to use paid advertising. However, those are resources which need to be weighed into their larger marketing messages, as well as how and where they find their clients.
At a 30,000 foot view, here are some of the ways we help a client begin to define the hows and whys of their digital marketing strategy:
- Define your brand: This encompasses several things including branding (colors, logos, etc) as well as a mission statement and set of company values. A strong brand also benefits with strong brand awareness.
- Construct your buyer personas or avatars: You may think you know who your ideal customer is but the practice of defininng them is a challenging one. Many clients of ours see their product or service through their own eyes instead of the customer’s eyes and their expertise can be vastly different than what a real customer would be searching the internet for.
- Generate your SMART objectives: Don’t know what that means? CLICK HERE
- Pick your digital marketing strategy: As mentioned earlier, this is a spot to figure our where and how your ideal customers will find you. Find the corner of the internet where they spend the most time and target it. Is it on different social media channels or some other digital platforms? Maybe. Is it on a desktop rather than a mobile device despite the trend in the other direction? Let’s figure it out.
- Set your budget: While there’s a pretty typical guideline that a marketing budget should be about 5% of annual revenue, that can vary widely depending on goals. It’s also very important to understand that: MARKETING IS FREE. You’re probably saying, “Wait, free?!?!?!” Yes, free. When done properly – as we do at X3 – if you spend $100 marketing and make $100 of revenue through marketing then your cost is $0. However, at X3 we aim for a MUCH larger ROI and typically see at least a 2X ROI.
- Fix your strategy: Don’t just set it and forget it. A marketing campaign and the data available through toold like Google Analytics tells you where to make adjustments.
- Promote your campaigns: If you’ve spent a lot of time on product development and branding, be sure that all parts of your business are there to support your revenue. Build brand awareness and bring the right customers in the proverbial door.
- Keep an update on results: While we won’t speak for other Denver, Colorado marketing agencies we, at X3, give our clients access to all the data on their marketing picture. This includes SEO, PPC (Google Ads / Google Adwords, and other modes of digital advertising), reviews, website speed, visibility and – drumroll – LEADS and SALES.
Bottom Line: The Best Digital Marketing Agency in Denver, Colorado
At X3, these are some of our foundational pieces:
CUSTOM APPROACH: It is imperative to understand that no two businesses are alike – even if they’re competing with one another. Our approach means that each client is given time and attention to detail, specific to their business, which makes them stand out. No cookie cutters.
YOUR PARTNERS IN MARKETING: More often than not, business owners and decision makers have so many things to do to actually make a business run that getting clients to notice them through marketing takes a back seat. At X3, we make sure that your business is noticed, engaged with and dominant in the digital space. Your job is to run your business and it’s our job to work with you to make sure your marketing drives revenue and growth.
MULTIFACETED: Business owners understand that trust, results and clarity are of the utmost importance. Putting trust in those you work with is one of your highest priorities. X3 does that by pulling back the curtain with tools like a custom, in-depth dashboard as well as person-to-person meetings where any questions are answered and continuous work is done to refine your growth strategy.
What’s the next step toward success with your online marketing tactics? Reach out to us now!
Curious to see how small business from X3 can hep you DOMINATE YOUR COMPETITION ONLINE? Get in touch!